One purpose of editorial typography is to lead a casual browser effortlessly from captions to headline to deck, and ultimately to the text, where the story really is.
- Defining terms: the elements may not be what you think
- Browsers’ built-in preferences
- Is browser manipulation a bad thing?
- How to lead a browser from element to element
- How to use editorial planning and art direction as visual and verbal tools
- Connectedness makes a story come alive
This is the 2-page PDF of a presentation I have given in the U.S. and in Europe.